Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!


Day 135: At work yesterday, guests at the annual Valentine's Day celebration were given carnation boutonnieres, the first time in my life I have ever worn anything resembling a corsage. Okay, maybe it looked a little funny pinned to my uniform shirt pocket next to the notebook and pen I always carry, but it smelled good even at that distance from my nose. It didn't occur to me to put it in water when I got home, but it was still fresh enough this morning for the photo.

The silk ribbon embroidery is something I made years ago during a brief romance with the craft. While I enjoy the look of the finished work, my dry, slick fingers make it almost impossible to pull a loaded needle through anything but very loosely woven fabrics. I found I had to use a pair of pliers to grip the needle, rendering a delicate art cumbersome and rather brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment