Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mitts For A Mouse



Day 144: A couple of weeks ago, one of my sisters-of-the-heart asked me to make some fingerless gloves for her. A check of my knitting books yielded nothing, so I designed them to her specifications, based loosely on a simple mitten pattern. There were a few details to work out, particularly in regard to the number of stitches which could be worked in a decorative motif across the back of the hand while leaving the palm unpatterned. I chose a honeycomb, a four-stitch repeat worked over 24 stitches. Per Mousie's request, I made the cuffs extra-long and used a soft-textured, neutral grey yarn. The pattern will be filed away for future reference.

2 comments:

  1. Those are very nice. I have never understood, though, the reason for fingerless anything. That's the part on me that gets coldest.

    ReplyDelete