Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Out For My Morning Walk


Day 126: Last week, I was saying, "I think I'll wait for it to get up to 40° before I head out on my walk." This morning, it was, "Dammit, if it'd just hit 20° I'd go for a walk." Yeah, I'm committed to the Park's fitness challenge...or maybe I should BE committed. As soon as the round number rolled up on my weather station, I kitted up in my woollies, drew a silk balaclava over my face, put the earphones on over that and pulled my wool Alpine Topper over the foam "earmuffs," a combination which left me looking rather square and blockheaded. The wind was strong out of the east, but the woods offered protection from it even if the temperature felt lower among the firs and ferns. Eight miles and two hours later, I was back at my front door. It had warmed up to a glorious 24°. Eh, I'm leading the pack. Can't let a little thing like weather cramp my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment