Thursday, April 3, 2014

Rewarding Myself


Day 183: I have rewarded myself in an entirely appropriate way for having reached my personal goal of 1500 miles in the Winter Fitness Challenge: I signed on for a year's membership in the Park's fitness centers. The Tahoma Woods facility shown here is somewhat smaller than the one at Longmire and has fewer "upper body" machines, so I will probably be doing sessions in both locations. Today, I divided my time between the elliptical and the exercise bike with breaks for a few repetitions on the weight trainers. I found the exercise bike to be immensely more comfortable and quiet than the one I own. I did half an hour of "hill climb" (pre-programmed resistance) in addition to a more personalized and somewhat more strenuous custom setting. The weights are where I really need to focus my attention now, but with one repaired shoulder, I'll be taking it easy until I've built up sufficient strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment