Friday, August 1, 2014

Today's Haul


Day 305: It's been eleven days since I last patrolled my Site Steward's beat in Ohop Valley. On July 20, I pulled out seven tires and a large bag of beer cans and other assorted litter. When I worked on the blackberry-cutting party two days ago, I noticed some new litter alongside the road. Expecting to pick up a few cans and some paper, I stopped by the site again today. Two hours later, I had gathered another seven tires and a bag of litter, and had had help dragging a roll of carpet pad out to a more convenient location. I "centralized" the tires for later pickup by a Land Trust crew who will dispose of them properly.

1 comment:

  1. I continue to be surprised when hearing about or seeing what people will throw into the wild. I had a (close) friend who once shoved a car over a cliff. WTF? I don't get it. Glad you are part of a solution.

    ReplyDelete