Sunday, August 17, 2014

You Can't See Me


Day 321: For the next couple of days, I will be featuring photos shot at the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. Today was the first time I've visited the Refuge when the tide was in, and the weather was perfect for a leisurely stroll on the boardwalk. However, the critter who really stole the show for me was this Bullfrog despite the fact that he's a member of an invasive species. He and several of his fellows were in the pond adjacent to the gift shop and so well-camouflaged by the tiny leaves of some aquatic plant that I never would have known they were there if I had not seen this fellow rise to the surface while I was photographing Wapato (one of the upcoming posts). The vegetation was so dense that even when he swam, there was no break in the blanket of green. It is easy to see why this species is such a successful predator.

No comments:

Post a Comment