Saturday, September 20, 2014

Didja Miss Me?


Day 355: My poor Sundews must have thought I'd forgotten about them! Between wind and a busy schedule, I had not had a chance to get out in the kayak since late August until today, and the first order of business was to check on my little friends. I am happy to report that they are prospering on both of Jack's logs; however, the colony on the wandering dock I call "Sundew Island" is suffering for lack of light at its new location. There is no way that I could return it to its former spot without committing an act of criminal trespass; it has been roped in place by the people who own the shoreline, and thus far, I've been unable to make contact with them. I rather imagine this has occurred before, and as long as Jack's colonies remain healthy and happy, there should be no shortage of Sundews at Lake St. Clair.

No comments:

Post a Comment