Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Enigmatic Smile


Day 351: Getting good animal photos in the dimly-lit barns at the Fair is always a challenge for me because I am adamant about not using the flash. For one thing, I don't care for the look of flash images taken outside a rigidly controlled studio environment, but for another, it is a courtesy I give the critters. They don't like having spots before their eyes any more than we do, and they understand it less. That said, it's a tricky proposition to capture an in-focus shot of critters who are under stress both by being in a strange place and by having hordes of people milling around them. It takes a good bit of patience, and some small talent at being able to predict when the subject is going to hold still for a 0.3 second exposure. This lovely lady, cousin I am sure to La Gioconda with her enigmatic smile, was quite cooperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment