Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Longmire's Lonesome Boulder


Day 37: I don't think it takes too much imagination to see the glum face this boulder presents, but I have never yet seen anyone stop to give him a kindly word (other than me, of course). They walk or drive past, intent on getting to a meeting or luncheon at the Community Building or to set off on a hike to Eagle Peak, but never spare so much as a nod in his direction. Perhaps years of being ignored have soured his disposition; sitting there all lorn and lonesome, watching the river gallop along to exciting places and seeing humans come and go. I am an animist. I cannot ignore his plight, although my best efforts have not cheered him up one whit. Perpetual bad mood or not, he has one friend who enjoys seeing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment