Sunday, November 9, 2014

Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge



Day 27: I didn't plan to go to the Refuge today, but after failing to find what I'd gone shopping for in Yelm and Lacey, I figured it was a good Plan B. The last section of boardwalk was closed for the season as I knew, but the first portion of it was enchanting in an autumnal sort of way. Plus, the tide was in, always better for scenic photos. The weather was pleasant for a November day as long as I was protected by the trees, but as soon as I got out in the open, I was wishing I had a couple of sandbags in my pockets. In fact, while I was fiddling with changing the battery in the camera, the tripod took wing. It didn't simply fall over. It lifted off, and I caught it by one leg before it could go over the side of the dike. After that, I kept it pinched between my knees. But here in this protected marsh, the water was barely disturbed by the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment