Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014


Day 74: Thank you, my readers, for the wishes you asked me to convey to this wonderful man who has been my friend and fishing buddy for many years. Some few of you have met him; others know him only from my descriptions. He knows and remembers your personal stories as well, because I often speak of you to him. Occasionally he surprises me with a question: "How are the girls back east doing? How's that man in New Zealand who lost his leg? Do you still hear from your friend in Chicago, the geocacher?" "Yes," I reply, "he/she asked me about you last week." You are a part of his world, and he loves you for caring about him, even though you may only be known to him as a name or a photo. He is touched by your sentiments, which through me, become bright spots in his day. When I passed your greetings along to him yesterday, he said, "Tell them thank you for me," and so I am, by bringing you this image from our Christmas, a good Christmas because it was spent with my old, dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment