Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Walk On The Westside


Day 134: Up until a few years ago, I would have considered a 12-mile walk/hike "short," but these days, my knees and hips are telling me it's closer to my "average" category. "Average" used to be 14-18 miles, "long" 20-23, "killer" 24 and above (and we're talking about 3000-4000' elevation gain as well). Whether I want to admit it or not, I'm not as young as I used to be. I can still pull off a 17-20 miler, but I pay for it with sore joints. That said, 12 miles in four hours isn't bad for a little old lady, especially since it includes time out to investigate lichens and waterfalls, and to chat with the road crew repairing Westside Road. The main thing is that I get where I'm going, and I enjoy the trip even if it does leave me with a few aches.

No comments:

Post a Comment