Sunday, February 15, 2015

Life List


Day 125: Just a bit of whimsy here. This image was in response to a photo challenge: Create a whimsical book jacket for a mystery/thriller novel. I took it one more step and wrote a teaser.

"Ornithology professor Jay Byrd is drawn into a murder investigation when several of his colleagues are found dead of poisoning. When it becomes apparent that the victims' names are ironically puns upon actual bird species, Professor Byrd realizes that he may be on the killer's Life List."

2 comments:

  1. A serious question--Have you published anything? Are you intending to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always "intending to" publish, but I never seem to get around to writing seriously. I had a bad experience with a purported agent years ago (she was claiming to represent authors, but was not actually contacting publishers), and nearly lost the only complete novel I've written. Hindsight being what it is, I realize now that the novel badly needs reworking. It would need to be completely retyped because my only copies are a dot-matrix printout and disks created in on an Apple ][+ (inaccessible by any modern machine). However, I have had some short works printed in nature magazines and a well-known almanac.

    ReplyDelete