Friday, February 27, 2015

Lost In The Stars


Day 137: The true Trekkies among my readership will recognize the title of this image "Lost In The Stars" as one of the cuts on Leonard Nimoy's first LP (vinyl) album, "Mr. Spock's Music From Outer Space." They may also recognize my rather inept oil painting as one of "The Two Sides Of Leonard Nimoy" portrayed on the cover of his second album. You see, I have been a Trekkie from the very beginning, and in my opinion, the character of Mr. Spock was the icon of the series. It probably goes without saying that he was also one of the major crushes of my life, hence the portrait.

I had a bad feeling when I saw the announcement of Leonard Nimoy's hospitalization a few days ago, so I was not entirely surprised to learn this morning that he had passed away. That said, it was not news I wanted to hear. I've seen numerous posts honoring him today, but lack of artistic skill aside, I wanted to create a special tribute of my own, something from the heart, emotional human that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment