Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bitten By The Gardening Bug


Day 181: Over the last two days, I have planted juniper tams, dug and transplanted a small fig tree, relocated the tomato pot (sunk to its waist in soil), sunk a second pot into which I moved a blueberry bush, relocated two of five horse chestnut trees to their permanent locations, stretched over 100 feet of weed barrier fabric, spread five bags of bark mulch, weeded the raspberries and laid weed barrier around them, and in all, have shovelled what surely must have been at least two 15-yard dump truck loads of dirt (I exaggerate, but my back and arms don't believe it) and busted enough sod that it's a wonder I have any grass left (but I do, and it needs mowing). The catch? I'm probably less than halfway done with the chores I've outlined for the yard and garden this year. Do I have a showplace yard? Not hardly! I love to work the soil, but I'm not much on keeping up appearances. There are no Joneses to keep up with, but if there were, I have the best crop of dandelions in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment