Sunday, April 19, 2015

Photographer At Work


Day 188: Yesterday, I had the privilege of being part of "Team Lisa" during a walk for MS in Portland, OR. Our team captain was none other than my good friend and fellow photographer, Lisa's brother Kevin. Kevin and I have different photographic styles, his leaning more toward captures with human interest: faces and events, images which tell stories in and of themselves and have (in his words) "emotional resonance." My style, as you well know, is more analytic, framed to show field characteristics for making identification of species. Occasionally, though, we dabble in the other's specialty, and in the default environment of the urban throng, I was stretched to find subject matter in a sea of strangers' faces. Although I took several decent candids of Kevin which showed his smile and eyes, this is the portrait I preferred, specifically because it does tell a story...or perhaps because I've identified him previously and didn't feel a further need to capture his field markings.

No comments:

Post a Comment