Saturday, September 5, 2015

Myco-Forensics


Day 327: Acting on a tip given to me by a floral friend last spring (and by that, dear readers, I mean that a little plantie told me), I stopped by ... cough ... excuse me, something in my throat ... this noontime in the hopes of discovering a new "gold panning" location, i.e., a chanterelle spot, and I was not disappointed. Okay, it took me 45 minutes to gather enough for a decent fry-up to accompany tonight's menu of chicken, but I left lots of buttons to grow up into bigger chanterelles. Better yet, I really doubt anyone else would think to hunt them at this site even if they could figure out how to access it. It's not that it's difficult to reach, but you have to know how. As for my botanical benefactor, I am not at liberty to give a name. In the science of myco-forensics, secrets must be closely guarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment