Thursday, December 31, 2015

Calendar Of Discoveries



Day 79: The last year had its ups and downs, but almost daily, something new and marvelous caught my attention. It is my belief that no single thing is ordinary, however common it may be. There is always something to discover or to learn if you are drawn to look more closely. Consequently, I have not given preference to the outstanding finds of rare species; those have been described in detail elsewhere in my writings. No, here we have a selection of the simple things which give me joy each time I see them: critters, birds, plants and the face of Nature who has me in her keeping. I could wish no finer thing for my friends than a New Year of exploration and observation. May yours be filled with curiosity and wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment