Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Fun With FX


Day 92: When you're rained in, finding blogworthy material can be difficult, so I went back to January 2014 and dragged up one of my favourite selfies to use as a test subject for the special-effects program which came as part of a new PaintShopPro suite. Yes, after hours of frustration with trying to get the old one to cooperate with new display driver software, I gave up and bought the new version. It could have turned into a costly mistake (at least temporarily), but I am happy to say that I'm now back in the photo business even if I don't feel like swimming out for lichens. There are some major differences, notably the loss of almost all of the "picture frames" I have used in the past, but the major photo tools are those with which I am familiar. I haven't had a chance to fully explore the new features, although I did take a look at filters. I'm not sure how often I'll use any of them, but I'm sure I'll have some fun. My favourite so far is the "centerspot vignette" shown lower left.

No comments:

Post a Comment