Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Towel Day 2016


Day 225: "Don't Panic!" I was afraid I might have to defend myself in words similar to those before this photo shoot was over, but luckily, the Park's road crew was otherwise engaged. Had they brought heavy equipment back to the landing, they might have caught me running back and forth wearing my jammies, bathrobe and bowler hat, sock-footed on the gravel and a towel over my shoulder, carrying an empty teacup and electronic copy of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." I doubt they would have understood that I was standing in for that hoopy frood Arthur Dent while he slipped down to the pub for a pint, leaving me in position in front of the grader. One cannot allow a bypass to be put through one's property unless one is properly fortified, no matter what the council claims. Fortunately, Arthur returned in time for me to escape without being seen. I think that gives us...what? two minutes? before the Vogons roll through. Do you know where your towel is?

No comments:

Post a Comment