Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Future of NPS


Day 257 (bonus post): According to the folks at LEGO, the LEGO National Parks series wasn't "global" enough to put into production. I understand that logic, but I was unhappy because I really wanted one of those ranger mini-figures. Then I discovered that they were available as a limited edition, made from "repurposed LEGO parts" and not actually a LEGO product. I ordered two, and then set about finding a way to convert one of them into ME. I ordered a head with glasses and an additional Peter Capaldi wig (the only grey hair they had available), and from my small stockpile of spare parts, figured out a way that my avatar could hold her hat in her hand.

Of course I was duty-bound to insert her into my "Doctor Who" set, and within seconds of the time I submitted the photo to Facebook's "National Park Service LEGO Vignettes" page, the administrators contacted me with a resounding "Awesome!" and permission to post it to the page. I captioned it "The future of the National Park Service is in your hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment