Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sad State Of A Fair


Day 343: Empty stalls have not been uncommon in the last decade of the Puyallup Fair, but in my recollection, the vacancy rate has never been as high as it is this year. These pens should be filled with dairy cattle, and I have not yet seen them occupied. The adjacent row was only half-full, and even the brand-new "Agriplex" was only at about 75%. In my opinion, the lack of agricultural displays is even more appalling than the hikes in food prices. At almost $9 for a funnel-cake or elephant-ear, a family would take a fortune to feed. I did indulge in my customary gyros (a dollar higher than last year), and scones have gone up another twenty-five cents from 2015. Quite honestly, if I didn't have free admission and parking through working at the Park booth, I would have no justification for attending. It is indeed a sad state of affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment