Sunday, October 16, 2016

Indoor Gardening


Day 3: Over the years, I've made numerous attempts at growing a Venus Fly-Trap and have yet to have one survive in my care longer than about six months. You'd think I'd give up...I gave up on orchids after a few stunning failures...but I do love my carnivores, so I keep experimenting with different types of water (spring water, rain water, distilled water, the heavily mineralized water out of my tap) and various means of humidity control (in a terrarium, in a saucer of water, on the shower window ledge), but have yet to hit on the right formula. The plants go dormant and sometimes the foliage will disappear altogether, so it's not always easy to tell if you're wasting time nurturing an empty pot, further complicating the issue of culture. In any event, this specimen should provide me with a couple of months of amusement at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment