Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Something's Fishy Here


Day 68: "Sisters of the heart." That is how a Mouse, a Finch and a Crow describe the relationship which developed out of our common interest in geocaching, starting...oh, my! Has it been over a decade ago? We "met" in a chat forum, saw each other through various emotional crises and joys, and finally got together in several personal meet-ups despite the fact that two of us live on opposite coasts and the third is in New York.

I'm not sure when or how the tradition began, but each year, each of us sends the other two twelve numbered gifts, to be opened sequentially leading up to the finale on Christmas morning. We call it "the Twelve Days of Christmas," although it's on the wrong side of the holiday in the strict interpretation. There are no rules; gifts can be as goofy, lovely, inexpensive, lavish as the giver deems appropriate, but there always seem to be a few which bring a chuckle. Case in point: goldfish in a bag glycerine soap bar. The bag is going to have to deteriorate with age before I actually put it to use because it makes me laugh out loud every time I see it in the soap dish. I can't wait to see the reaction I get from the first guest to use my bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment