Thursday, December 15, 2016

Tippy Tippy


Day 63: It started as a tummy-tickle. Tip loves to be tickled on his tummy, and all it takes to start him purring is for me to slip a hand underneath. If he's on my lap, he wiggles until he's on his back and then sprawls in the classic "I trust you implicitly" pose, limp as a wet dishrag. In this particular instance, I was sitting on the footstool because he'd taken possession of the chair. We touched noses for a few minutes while I scratched behind his ears, and then I laid my face against his side and did my poor human imitation of a purr. As I did so, he started to roll over and following the cue, I began tickling his tummy. Once he was fully on his back, I buried my face in the soft, white fur and "purred" even louder and longer. He extended his hind legs and pushed against the arm of the chair, forcing his head and shoulders into the other corner until he was resting in the position you see here. Is that a contented cat, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment