Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Bizarro World


Day 103: I love surrealism...unless, of course, I happen to be living it, which at the moment I most certainly feel like I am. Twilight-Zone events are taking place all around me, I've reached the Outer Limits and am tiptoeing at the edge of the abyss. I'm awake nights and asleep days. I've gone through half a dozen light bulbs in the space of 48 hours, a phenomenon which has proven out time and again over the years as being directly related to my mood. I feel as if the planets have all gone retrograde, spinning contrary to their normal course around the sun; as if I had been transported to Bizarro World where everything is backwards or upside-down.

Should it have surprised me to find a chicken-legged Humpty Dumpty on a ledge above the projector screen in the conference room yesterday? All things considered, perhaps not, but at least it made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment