Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Love-Hate Relationship


Day 90: I can't decide whether I love to hate this jigsaw puzzle, or hate to love it. I will admit that it is a favourite, although I don't do it nearly as often as others I like for the same reasons. I enjoy difficult jigsaws, and this one certainly fits the profile. The problem is that it's...PINK. It may look like it has a good range of colours when you look at the box, but the bottom line is that all but a very few of those 1000 pieces are PINK when you pour them out on the table. And we all know my opinion of PINK. It even disgusts me to write the word.

I bought it from Burpee Seed Co. years ago. It came with a packet of seeds bearing the exact same picture. I dutifully sowed the seed in the "barren wasteland" between my house and garage, and quietly rejoiced when it failed to germinate. Don't get me wrong. I like windflowers...as long as they're some other colour than PINK.

It will take me a few days to put the puzzle together. I find it difficult to work on under artificial light. In sunlight, I perceive the subtlety of shades; however, occasionally when I walk out of the room in the evening and return with a fresh eye along with my coffee, I may manage to fit in a PINK piece or two. Why couldn't Burpee have chosen nasturtiums?

No comments:

Post a Comment