Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Now This Is An Icicle


Day 83: Now THIS is worthy of the name "icicle," and no, you don't want to know what I did to get this shot, maybe doubly so because I had just been in a safety meeting in the conference room outside which it was hanging. No, it didn't extend to the ground. It terminated at the porch roof where its diameter wasn't much smaller than at this point. I had nothing handy to give a sense of scale other than some portion of my anatomy and I needed one hand to operate the camera and the other for stability. If you view the webcam at Longmire, you'll be able to tell that I was just a few windowpanes to the north. We only keep the icicles from obstructing the view directly in front of the webcam. More snow coming this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment