Sunday, February 5, 2017

Entitled To An Op-Onion


Day 115: Everyone is entitled to their own op-onion, and by gawd, here's mine. I've 'bout reached my limit on stress, and while I don't want to turn my back on what's going on in the political sphere for fear that it, like the proverbial alligator, will bite me on the behind, it's time for some Silly. Friends have often heard me voice one of my driving mottoes: "The world needs more silly." Like most mottoes, sometimes it's hard to maintain, but let's give it a try. There's nothing controversial about an onion, unless you want to debate Walla Walla Sweets over those watery things they grow in Georgia (bleccchhh!). Frankly, I prefer yellows for cooking and reds for salad. What's your op-onion?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely yellows for cooking, but whites aren't bad. I appreciate reds for the color but not excited about the flavor.

    Re the stress. We've started taking a techation--in our case Sunday, where we turn off the TV, computer, and phone. Yes, even the phone. It's amazing how rejuvenated we feel on Monday morning and surprise--the world survived without us!

    ReplyDelete