Friday, April 7, 2017

The Hexaghan



Day 176: I am now in the limbo between projects. The Hexaghan (all 104 blocks of it) is assembled, edged and ready to put away. I'd like to say that every colour represents a pair of socks, but that's not quite true. In order to have a wider array of colours, I hit up a friend who allowed me access to her yarn stash. That said, quite a few of the colours represent MORE than one pair of socks, so I think it balances out. The hexagon design was my own invention (the internet will yield up quite a few patterns if you're not up to making your own). All blocks were made first, then laid out on the floor in an 8 x 13 grid divided into quarters for ease of keeping too much of any one colour from appearing in one section, and then were stacked by row for assembly. The black matrix required 17 ounces of worsted.

But now what? What do I want to make next? I already have enough socks, mittens, hats and smaller afghans to fill a whole table at the Park's Christmas auction, and I can barely close my own sock drawer. I've socked friends repeatedly, and just recently sent out a round of hats. I even made an extra "brain hat" for Kevin. I cannot countenance leaving my hands idle, but where do I go from here? Decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

  1. Why not finish the pirate saga and get it published!!!

    ReplyDelete