Monday, July 24, 2017

Fresh Off The Bush


Day 284: It was a debate: save them for a few days until I'd have enough for muffins, or eat them immediately. I sized up the ones still ripening on the bush and decided to have these for lunch. Two of my three blueberry bushes are covered in berries. The third bush is still recovering from having lived several years in a bad spot, and isn't bearing as heavily. Nevertheless, I should have no trouble gathering enough for several more snacks and a batch of muffins if I can prevent Squirrel/Chipmunk #14 from picking them as soon as my back is turned. The raspberries are also beginning to fruit, protected from jay predation by chickenwire. The occasional bird goes under the lower edge and needs to be rescued from its perceived "cage," but they are not nearly as greedy as Mr. Squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment