Friday, July 14, 2017

The Face Of Venus


Day 274: I have limited success growing Venus Fly-Traps and have never had one survive more than about 8 months in my care. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy them, so when my last one failed to sprout after its winter dormancy, I bought a new one. I've had it for about two months now, and the little darling has decided to put on a show of flowers! Individual florets seem to succeed one another, i.e., one blooms as another bud is swelling, with the first flower near the end of its cycle just as the second bursts. Given that, I expect that not all buds will mature, and that successive flowers will be smaller than the earlier ones. Don't be fooled by the background; Venus is a houseplant in our climate, and no doubt about it. I just took her outside for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment