Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Patience Progress


Day 342: You'd think I'd want a break after completing the Twenty-Year Quilt, but no, it inspired me to start a new one, and I'm already over halfway done with the cutting and piecing of the blocks. Each colour scheme has two versions. I refer to them as "dark" and "light" based on the fabrics used in the large rectangles. Prints used as rectangles in one version become the prints used in small squares in the other, and vice versa. At this stage of the game, I have all blues and purples cut and pieced. The aquas are cut and 60% pieced, and the greens are roughly 50% cut. Once they're done, I will start assembling the 63 blocks in a 7 x 9 grid. The order runs diagonally, alternating "light" and "dark" of each colour scheme; thus the top row would be dark green, light purple, dark blue, light aqua, dark green, light purple, dark blue. Since the blocks are identical within each "dark" or "light" for each colour, I haven't decided whether I will keep them in the same orientation or rotate them 90 degrees each time they appear in a new row. I'll have to lay them out to make that determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment