Wednesday, October 11, 2017

We Do Noses


Day 363: Family picture time! This last week, Tippy has decided he wants to sit in the chair beside me. At 14 pounds, he's as broad in the beam as I am, so it's a snug fit. He loves to cuddle. We play on the floor together, or I throw my arms around him when he's sitting on the back of the couch and bury my face in his fur, but wherever we are, the routine always includes rubbing noses. I'm not sure which one of us initiated it originally, but "doing noses" is as much a part of our daily ritual as the chase games in which we trade roles as pursuers. When it's his turn to be "It," he runs behind me and tags me softly on the ankle with a paw. The chase then reverses. He leads me into the bedroom and dives into his tunnel, leaving his bottom sticking out. I grab his hips or feet, give them a wiggle, and then he rolls over, inviting me to tickle his tummy. He never bites or claws seriously, just rabbit-kicks my hand or gnaws on it in gentle play.

No comments:

Post a Comment