Friday, November 24, 2017

OptOutside



Day 42: You don't have to twist my arm to get me to #OptOutside on Black Friday or any other day, for that matter. However, I do prefer to go when the rain isn't coming down in buckets, so I postponed this adventure until this morning when I thought I could squeeze the hike in between downpours. That's not to say I wasn't anticipating an abundance of water en route. That was unavoidable, given the amount of rain we've had this week. Consequently, I went prepared with waders, a trekking pole, and of course the camera and tripod. I had four crossings to make to reach a geocache, and this (the second one) was the deepest. The fourth one took me by surprise. Since my last visit, the beavers have been busy. I had to bushwhack through a tangle of snowberry bushes in order to get below their dam. The water has pooled above the dam to a depth which probably would have gone above my chest waders. Go on, tell me you had more fun pounding the pavement at the mall and parting with enormous amounts of your hard-earned money! I'm not going to believe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment