Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Peltigera Britannica


Day 61: Peltigera britannica is easy to distinguish because its "freckles" (cephalodia) can be scraped off easily with a fingernail when the lichen is fresh. In fact, the ease with which they detach has led to occasional misidentification when they were not readily apparent. There are a number of species of Peltigera in the Pacific Northwest forests; P. britannica is fairly common.

You'll have to forgive the brevity of this post. I've been having all sorts of issues with the new laptop and an incompatibility issue with CenturyLink's in-house version of Norton AntiVirus and Windows updates. I've spent at least three unproductive hours on the phone with various representatives, and although the problem seems to be resolved at the moment, I have no idea how long the fix will last. As I've said many times before, if I disappear, it won't be my fault. And at this point, the problems of being on line have almost convinced me to pull the plug.

No comments:

Post a Comment