Sunday, December 24, 2017

Snow For Christmas


Day 72: Random musings, here. I am staying home for Christmas this year, fixing myself a turkey and stuffing, snuggling down with the cats, sharing gift-giving with my sisters-of-the-heart, and in a way, it feels more "Christmas-y" than it's felt in years. This sense is augmented by the fact that there is snow on the ground and more falling at this very moment, maybe not a Currier and Ives scene yet, but at least Bing Crosby wouldn't be disappointed. I think I'm "lichen" being home alone, watching the little birds flit in and out of the feeders, listening to their happy chatter. I'm warm, there are bright lights on the tree, and the spirit of Love announced itself with a firm bite on the back of my arm to let me know I should put aside the quilting to provide Skunk with access to a comfortable lap. She's an old lady. It takes her ten minutes to figure out how to arrange her bones. Maybe I took a lesson from her: find a soft spot and make the most of it. Cats are wise people, wiser far than humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment