Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Coming Year


Day 79: Come what may, a ranger must always present a smile to the public, be courteous even when there is need to be firm, be welcoming and warm. We are the face of the parks we represent, and it is our duty to be good hosts to those who visit us. We must try to maintain our public image even in our private lives.

2017 was a rough year, but I tried my best to bring you science in an easily digestible (or at least entertaining) way. I know I strayed from the path a few times, removing my metaphorical hat for a few minutes to become "just Crow," and I thank you for your indulgence of those moments. I hope to continue inspiring you intellectually, and to introduce you to facets of nature you might otherwise not have seen or noticed. If you follow me on Facebook or Flickr, it is my hope that you will leave a comment now and then if my writings have struck a chord with you, because without feedback, it is easy to think I'm talking to a blank wall.

Whatever 2018 holds for us, may the wonders of Nature inspire you and carry you through the dark times I fear are ahead. Let's all try to keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment