Sunday, January 14, 2018

Cloth On The Beam


Day 93: It has been several days since I felt like sitting at the loom and I'm not there yet. I'm still running a fever, coughing, find it a great effort of both physical and mental strength to knit a whole row, and the only thing I feel like eating is homemade bread. Fortunately, I made two different kinds before this bug took hold of me. As a consequence of my lack of vitality, you may be getting some rather mundane photos and superficial descriptions until I recover. That said, I wish I felt like weaving. The table-runner project has been moving along much more quickly than anticipated. Here you see the finished cloth being wound onto the appropriately-named "cloth beam" at the front of the loom. I have one six-foot runner completed, and two feet on the second. I warped for three, and I hope to put one of them in the Washington State Fair this year along with some bobbin lace. I've never entered anything in Home Arts before.

No comments:

Post a Comment