Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Got Your Ears On?


Day 81: Last year, I attended the big Women's March in Seattle and was bemoaning the fact that I hadn't heard about "pussy hats" until the day of the event. A woman standing next to Kevin and me reached in her bag and pulled out a hat and a felt headband and offered them to us. I couldn't bring myself to put all that pink on my head, so I passed the hat to Kevin and I took the headband, resolving that if there was ever another march, I'd make a hat in a different colour with a tolerable amount of pink to represent solidarity with the movement.

A week or so ago, a reprise of the march was announced for January 20. I was in the middle of making hats for the Joppa Flats Education Center, so I bought some appropriate yarn, shifted gears and made a kitty-grey cloche, intending to make pink liners for the interior of the ears. Tippy obligingly modelled an ear for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment