Thursday, February 22, 2018

Currier And Ives Morning


Day 132: For those of my readers who are unfamiliar with Currier and Ives, they were partners in a printmaking firm which specialized in hand-tinted lithographs, many of which were of snow scenes similar to that which appears out my kitchen door this morning. In addition to being hung as wall art, their designs have been used on Christmas cards, china and assorted other media and are familiar to many even though the names of the artists are not. Unspoiled snow always puts me in mind of them, and with eight inches of new snow...new, I said...having fallen overnight, I'm going to need to put on my tallest boots to cut a swath out to the bird feeders. I try to avoid leaving paths through the larger part of the yard, and since I have nowhere to go (I laid in groceries yesterday), I will decline my neighbour's offer of a plowed driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment