Thursday, February 15, 2018

Joppa Flats Hats 25-42


Day 125: I mailed off another box containing hats #25-42 to Joppa Flats Education Center yesterday: six ladybug cloches, six bees, two Fair Isle (two-colour) and four other stocking caps of assorted fibers and weights. Joppa sells them for $25 apiece, so for a few hours of my time and a relatively minor expenditure for yarn above and beyond what has been given to me by friends for the project, I will have contributed over $1000 to their bird-banding program. Y'know, that makes me feel very proud. It would have been totally out of the question for me to donate that amount in cash, and yet I've been able to support their good work in a way which was also very enjoyable for me. With summer coming (yes, it really is!), I will be suspending hat production until they tell me they need more, but I suspect that in particular, the ladybugs are going to sell like hotcakes regardless of the season. Maybe I'd better knit a few more to get ahead of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment