Saturday, February 17, 2018

Leftovers



Day 127: Sometimes you need to be a little creative in order to use up leftover yarn, and for me, PINK was a special challenge. I had purchased a space-dyed yarn called "Gumdrop," hoping to get more than one hat out of the skein. Unfortunately, I came up short for the second one by just under half an ounce. The yarn had a different finish and feel than those in my current scrap afghan, so I was reluctant to use it even though it was unlikely anyone would notice. I remembered I had leftovers from the "pussy hat" project, and decided to do some stranded knitting with both pinks and the ombre. I made the rib in dark pink (the colour I had the least of), and then experimented with a couple of different ideas for the body. I finally settled on a 2/3 stitch diagonal. After 30 rows, I'll break off the colour work and resume in dark pink or possibly bands of dark and light, depending on how far the remaining yardage will allow me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment