Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Fruitless Loop


Day 158: Like a frootloop, I decided to go for a hike today even though I went to Morris dance practice last night and didn't get home until midnight. Now that I have a (damn) Discover pass, I no longer have to walk two and a half miles up the road to get into the Nicholson Horse Trails system. I can just drive up and park! Theoretically, this means I should be able to hike farther on trail, but today I inadvertently took a different trail than I'd intended and wound up having to loop back on a connector which rather diminished my enthusiasm for the project. It was a fruitless loop, one with no interesting lichens, no lovely wildflowers other than a few Oxalis which weren't open, and (good-news/bad-news) no invasives to report. Still, it was good to be out, and the trails were drier than they usually are at this time of year. Lowland hikes are not my favourites, but somebody has to be on the lookout for invasive species.

No comments:

Post a Comment