Sunday, March 18, 2018

Hearts Arising


Day 156: When I moved into my home some thirty years ago, one of the first things I planted was a clump of nursery-grown Bleeding Hearts (Dicentra). I did so without giving any thought to the fragility of the stems, and put them in a location where they couldn't be safely maintained (i.e., I kept hitting them with the lawnmower). They lasted a couple of years and then refused to come back. Can't say I blamed them. A couple of years ago, I laid in a new flower bed off the north side of my carport, perfect habitat for this shade-loving species among maidenhair and other ferns. They've done very well and have just recently come through a naturally-occurring mulch of wisteria leaves. I do enjoy my garden, especially those portions of it which require little care.

No comments:

Post a Comment