Saturday, April 14, 2018

Now That's Customized!


Day 183: Back in February, I asked a friend with a 3D printer to run up some intarsia bobbins for me, similar to my mother's old ones which I have misplaced somewhere. I intended to use them while making argyle socks, an endeavour which has been back-burnered until I've completed the more pressing projects like birthday and Christmas presents. It's a long list. It may be November before I make myself any socks. The bobbins aren't idle by any means; quite a few of them are currently tied up (sometimes literally!) in kumihimo. That said, it occurred to me that it might be nice to make a Fair Isle sweater for the Park's silent auction if I have the time, and to that end, I figured having some larger bobbins for worsted-weight yarn would be nice. I asked Seamus to run up a few, expecting maybe a dozen at most. A package containing more small bobbins and 44 (!) large ones arrived in the mail yesterday. He had made the larger ones thicker at my request, but he'd tossed in a bonus: a recessed crow design! Most of them were a single colour, but the white ones were triple-layered, black sandwiched in between. Now that's customization for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment