Friday, May 4, 2018

A Spoonful Of Spring



Day 203: I had occasion to be in downtown Puyallup yesterday, so took a swing past Watson's Nursery to pick up some bedding plants and a few things for hanging baskets. As always, I walked through their outdoor racks and was happy to discover that they'd received their stock of "Spoonflower" Osteospermums. I'd already purchased two standard Osteos, and I can't resist Spoons. They were only available in one shade of purple, but any Spoon is better than no Spoon at all. In fact, I've had the greatest success with this hue. With nighttime temperatures projected to stay in the 40s, I felt confident in putting them into their permanent home in the big pot at the end of my sidewalk. If we do get a cold snap, I'll build a bubble-wrap tent to protect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment