Thursday, May 24, 2018

Seussian Sundew


Day 223: I encountered a Seussian Sundew in my patrol of Lake St. Clair today, or maybe it's the child in the poem:
There was a little girl who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good, she was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid.

Yes, I made my first trip out in the 'yak for the year, and of course my priority was visiting my kids. They are exceptionally lush this year along Jack's logs, but I still haven't been able to locate the errant Sundew Island which went adrift a couple of years ago. Some of Jack's mob were just starting to unfurl and looked very much like bean sprouts. Others were fully open and already digesting a wide variety of insects. It's too early yet for the flowering stalks to emerge, but you can bet I'll be checking on them every couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment