Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Crow's New Wings


Day 291: For the last six months or so, it has been becoming more and more obvious that my six-year old Accent was leaning toward becoming a money-pit. Its worst ailment to date affected its circulatory system, i.e., it suffered a nearly terminal case of injectorosclerosis and had to have a four-way bypass to the tune of a thousand crisp greenbacks. Although that fixed the immediate symptoms, others inclined me to think that the fuel pump would be next to go. I hadn't been as kind to it as I'd intended when I bought it, and I'd been compelled to make some inventive stop-gap repairs to the body as well. All things considered, we'd reached the point where I felt I'd be throwing good money after bad, leading into a probable cascade of events deleterious to my finances. Sometimes you have to spend money to save money, so after careful (if quiet) thought, today I entered into a lease and drove out of the showroom with a "symphony silver" 2018 Hyundai Elantra. There are no logging roads in its future, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment