Monday, July 16, 2018

Pull To Ring Bell



Day 276: I always think of Eeyore and how his tail became part of Owl's furnishings when Tip sits like this, and I always say, "Pull to ring bell" as I sneak up behind him when the temptation proves to be too much. He's a good sport and joins the game, which then evolves into a tummy-ticklefest or other gentle play. I call him my "little soft cat" because he never savages my hand, holding back on claws or teeth with amazing restraint for a member of the feline clan. On the flip side, Skunk would have my arm off at the shoulder if I tried the same move with her. Cats are like people that way. Successful relationships are built on mutual understanding. You should respect their boundaries, learn their protocols, acknowledge them as individuals with distinct personalities and needs. If you're the type who wants your companions subservient and ready to bend to your will, get a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment